I just joined the forum. I am a novice with MS Access version 9 i.e Access 2000.
I recently completed a beginner’s courseonline provided by Netg called MS Access Fundamentals. The course included topics like ,working with tables ,working with data ,and working with forms and presenting data. What I would like to do is set up a database that mental health users and carers can tap into for information about services available to them in my locality, London. I want to write a questionnaires , send them out and when the feedback arrives chase those who need to be chased for the data. I am currently unemployed so have a lot of time on my hands.
My initial thoughts are to draw up the categories as follows

Local Carers in the area
Employment agencies in the area
Day/drop in centres in the area
Support Groups in the area
Special Needs Schools
Doctors

Within the Support Groups category I would include
Community Mental Health Teams include:
Consultant psychiatrists
Social Workers
Mental health nurses
Occupational therapists
Psychologists

All these categories appear unrelated but tables will need to be prepared. I could for example prepare forms for the opening times of the Day/Drop In Centres ect…

Eventually when all database is complete I would like to transfer the database to a web page/website or CD like you have with Yellow pages diecrtory ?

What is the best plan for this mini project and what aspects of Access version 9 are most important know and use to complete this database?

Thanking you all in advance.

eastfield