Thread: Emptying Transaction Logs - SQL 6.5

Andy Guest

Emptying Transaction Logs - SQL 6.5

I am currently having a problem with a transaction log not emptying even when backed up and truncated. I have done a full database backup and then a transaction log backup expecting this to flush the log however the log is not emptied and it is growing larger and larger. Even when I truncate the log it still doesn't free any space up. Can anybody out there spot the fundemental error in my working??? most grateful. Andy (SQL allegedly)

Craig Guest

Emptying Transaction Logs - SQL 6.5 (reply)

If you run dbcc checktable(syslogs) after dumping your log, then does it look empty? Do not use the EM Gui, use sp_spaceused. The GUI has a bug.

Craig

------------
    Andy at 7/11/00 9:25:51 AM

I am currently having a problem with a transaction log not emptying even when backed up and truncated. I have done a full database backup and then a transaction log backup expecting this to flush the log however the log is not emptied and it is growing larger and larger. Even when I truncate the log it still doesn't free any space up. Can anybody out there spot the fundemental error in my working??? most grateful. Andy (SQL allegedly)