Thread: DTS Package fails when run as a job

Angry DTS Package fails when run as a job

I have a DTS package set up to push data out to several sites. When I execute the package it runs perfectly. When I schedule it as a job it fails.
    I checked the proxy account in the SQLAGent properties and there is a check mark there. But the job still fails.

Does anyone have any ideas?

But the proxy account has to have permission on remote server.

IS there a default login for the proxy account? I dont remember changing any settings for the proxy account when loading. Am I right in assuming that the sa user uses the proxy account? If so them they do have permissions on that server.

I ran the xp_sqlagent_proxy_account N'Get' command to see the proxy user but it returns no values.

Check account the SQLServerAgent service run under

See this article about troubleshooting DTS problems:
    "How to troubleshoot DTS problems"
    http://www.MSSQLCity.com/Articles/Ad...leshooting.htm

What's sql agent service account on your server?

rmaio, I dont understand the question.

Chigrik,
    I read the article and I did turn on my scheduler at all sites but it is still not working.

any more ideas?

Right click on sql agent in em and choose properties, what's service satrup account do you have there?

Domain Users group and local Administrators group

If you can run DTS package, but cannot schedule it, check that SQLServerAgent service runs under account, which has access to the network resources.

When you tried to schedule DTS package, the appropriate job will run under the user account that the SQLServerAgent service is running under. For example, if SQLServerAgent service runs under the LocalSystem account, you cannot schedule DTS package, because the LocalSystem account does not have network access. Check account the SQLServerAgent service run under.

The account SQLServerAgent runs under should be a member of the Domain Users group and local Administrators group.