Thread: Slow response when connected to remote server

Slow response when connected to remote server

Can anyone advise? our SQL7 server system running on a Compaq ML570 twin processor box under NT4 sp6 takes an age for a Laptop Compaq EVO with OS win2k running enterprise manager to connect. (I have opened this web site and written this much and I am still waiting for the list of databases...and the enterprise manager is will not respond until it show tthe list)

There are no disk space issues, on server or laptop. My laptop has 1023 mb Mem.
    The network speed is 100 mb/sec

The network protocols used \ installed are the default named pipes, and TCPIP. Changing the client configuration to use one or 5the other makes no difference.
    Please help!!!

What's network speed? How about query analyzer's response time?

The network speed is 100 MB/SEC
    The query analyzer execution time is 40 Milliseconds for a query which normally takes 1 millisecond in another desktop in the same network.
    every time when I try to view a table properties, view properties or just run simple query the enterprise manager, query analyzer hangs until it gets the results and the time it takes to get the results is longer then the normal. It is happing same with the local servers too.
    Please help!!!

Did you try connect with ip address?

I just tried. Same old probleem.
    Tahnk you for you response.

May setup network monitor session to see if anything happens on the network, or setup sql trace with profiler.

Tried every thing. No change. Is this a Laptop Problem. My laptop is Compaq EVO, With 1,047,920 MEMORY. When I run a query my DISK Icon blinks and make sound, as it is working very hard ! @ # %^^...

Did you try perfmon on your laptop? How big is paging file?