Thread: SQL Replication

Chris Foeller Guest

SQL Replication

Currently, my department is in the process of testing an upgrade to our HRMS software. We have a test server, with SQL 6.5 installed and configured identically to our production machine. Now, we would like to load all the production databases onto the test server, however, I believe that the database devices must be created in the same order as the original devices. I have several reports covering the databases on the production machine, but I'm trying to figure out, in which order the database devices and databases were created. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray Miao Guest

SQL Replication (reply)

It's not necessary.

------------
    Chris Foeller at 8/17/99 5:30:37 PM

Currently, my department is in the process of testing an upgrade to our HRMS software. We have a test server, with SQL 6.5 installed and configured identically to our production machine. Now, we would like to load all the production databases onto the test server, however, I believe that the database devices must be created in the same order as the original devices. I have several reports covering the databases on the production machine, but I'm trying to figure out, in which order the database devices and databases were created. Any help would be greatly appreciated.