Thread: timeout

Question timeout

I access once, then go to search (filter) and I get an error 189
    user timeout (20 minutes)
    is there a parameter I need to enter?
    thanks

Hi Jim,

You don't say if you're waiting a long time between the first access and the Search? If you do, it's your session that's timing out. You can change the default timeout value in IIS if you wish.

If you want to create a link that will "restore" things after a timeout, call an ASP-db page with nothing on the URL, or do a dbReset and we'll reset things to their initial conditions and you should be fine. It's when you hit a page with a "next" or "apply filter" type of condition that we can't recover after a timeout, because all the session variables that show your previous state are gone.

Thanks,
    John

Set your timeout in web.config for Tornado ->

<sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    />

FK

I've heard and read about the web.config, however, where is it located, I've looked in the Tornado directory and found nothing. I've seen the reference in the manual but no where does it say where to find it or where to put one once you've built it.

web.config is glued to the application aspx file dir. So each aspx file directory should have one. It allows you to config a lot of system stuff including the time out, remote debug, DSN etc... goto the dotnet newsletter site and search for web.config and you'll probably got 1/2 ton of matches.