Thread: SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle DB connection.

Shankar Jayaraman Guest

SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle DB connection.

I am having some difficulty to update a record in a table from SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle 7.3 DB.

Basically I want to write a insert trigger in Sql Server 6.5 table and I want to update the same inserting record to Unix Oracle table. I tried by writing a DLL and use that in SQL Server External Stored Procedure, but I dont know how to pass the parameter for that. Parameter here is record which I want to insert in to Oracle Table.

Is there any easy way to do that? Did any body did that before? Please help me out.

Thanks a lot

Ray Miao Guest

SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle DB connection. (reply)

I don't think trigger can do this.

------------
    Shankar Jayaraman at 12/19/99 2:11:55 PM

I am having some difficulty to update a record in a table from SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle 7.3 DB.

Basically I want to write a insert trigger in Sql Server 6.5 table and I want to update the same inserting record to Unix Oracle table. I tried by writing a DLL and use that in SQL Server External Stored Procedure, but I dont know how to pass the parameter for that. Parameter here is record which I want to insert in to Oracle Table.

Is there any easy way to do that? Did any body did that before? Please help me out.

Thanks a lot

Shankar Guest

SQL Server 6.5 to Oracle DB connection. (reply)

Can you please tell me some other way which can do this.

-shankar

------------
    Shankar Jayaraman at 12/19/99 2:11:55 PM

Thanks a lot