Thread: ASP-DB and ColdFusion

Oscar Garcia Guest

ASP-DB and ColdFusion

Hi,

Is it possible to use ASP-DB with ColdFusion on NT. I'll also use Oracle as my main DB.

Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

Frank Guest

ASP-DB and ColdFusion (reply)

What are the items in CF that you MUST have that you cannot get from ASP and ASPdb ? You have to confirm whether CF supports ORACLE in areas like Default Dates, Stored Procedures, Packages etc.. before you go any further. Get a large ORACLE sample DB and benchmark it with CF.

You have to remember one thing....

CF > ASP
    ASP + ASPdb >> CF

Checkout some ORACLE samples in the ORACLE section of my website - www.kingkwong.com

Frank

------------
    Oscar Garcia at 12/13/99 3:27:36 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to use ASP-DB with ColdFusion on NT. I'll also use Oracle as my main DB.

Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

Oscar Garcia Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to use the COM features of CF with ASP-DB. The question was if ASP-DB uses some intrinsic ASP or is it just a COM object like ASPMail, wich I use without problem.

Thanks

------------
    Frank at 12/13/99 6:50:18 PM

What are the items in CF that you MUST have that you cannot get from ASP and ASPdb ? You have to confirm whether CF supports ORACLE in areas like Default Dates, Stored Procedures, Packages etc.. before you go any further. Get a large ORACLE sample DB and benchmark it with CF.

CF > ASP
    ASP + ASPdb >> CF

Checkout some ORACLE samples in the ORACLE section of my website - www.kingkwong.com

Frank

------------

Hi,

Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

Frank Guest

Not familiar with the "COM" feature of CF. Should be able to use ASPdb with VB and othere languages.

------------
    Oscar Garcia at 12/14/99 4:37:06 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to use the COM features of CF with ASP-DB. The question was if ASP-DB uses some intrinsic ASP or is it just a COM object like ASPMail, wich I use without problem.

Thanks

------------

CF > ASP
    ASP + ASPdb >> CF

Frank

------------

Hi,

Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

Oscar Garcia Guest

Great!

If it works with VB it should work with CF

------------
    Frank at 12/14/99 10:37:26 AM

Not familiar with the "COM" feature of CF. Should be able to use ASPdb with VB and othere languages.

------------
    Oscar Garcia at 12/14/99 4:37:06 AM

Hi,

Thanks

------------

CF > ASP
    ASP + ASPdb >> CF

Frank

------------

Hi,

Anyone has tried?

Thanks.