Thread: Conditiionally setting cell content withMagic cell

H.Schuyler Collins Guest

Conditiionally setting cell content withMagic cell

I am wondering if it possible to control the content of a cell while using Magic Cell.
    I can think of ways to do this outside of aspdb, but am rather new to the componet so i might be missing an obvious solution.

With an example like the following:

MC = &#34;0,Width=100,<A HREF=Faspdb4.asp?Market=#(0)#>#0#<A>;&#34;

MyDb.dbMagicCell = MC

I need to have different content for the cells in the &#34;0&#34; field based upon the row count of the record set. Again I can does this without aspdb, but since I plan on using it for 95% of this project,I would like to see if this is possible.
    I think the issue is whether aspdb ititerates through the rows as it builds a table( Which It would seem has to be true) and if this action can be interectepted to test upon. My first thought would be to have a function in the content argument of magic cell that would check what the row of the record set MagicCell was &#34;doing its magic&#34;, test that value and return the proper value based on the test.
    Basically i need the value of cells in this field to be a link in all but one situation.
    There are other workarounds I guess like building the table with MagicCell up to the record that needs different content in field&#34;0&#34;, inserting a row asI need it and then return to magic Cell, but I am curious about the subject of condition values being placed in cells with this program in general

John Guest

Conditiionally setting cell content withMagic cell (reply)

Hi,

I think the conditional capabilities of the Extended MagicCell in the Enterprise version is just what the doctor ordered. There are over 15
    different ways that you can compare the contents the the field (at &#34;runtime&#34
    with a value and show different results based on that comparison.

Check out the Examples on #2 at www.aspdb.com/v2 to see it in action.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    H.Schuyler Collins at 12/9/99 4:38:23 PM

I am wondering if it possible to control the content of a cell while using Magic Cell.
    I can think of ways to do this outside of aspdb, but am rather new to the componet so i might be missing an obvious solution.

With an example like the following:

MC = &#34;0,Width=100,<A HREF=Faspdb4.asp?Market=#(0)#>#0#<A>;&#34;

MyDb.dbMagicCell = MC

I need to have different content for the cells in the &#34;0&#34; field based upon the row count of the record set. Again I can does this without aspdb, but since I plan on using it for 95% of this project,I would like to see if this is possible.
    I think the issue is whether aspdb ititerates through the rows as it builds a table( Which It would seem has to be true) and if this action can be interectepted to test upon. My first thought would be to have a function in the content argument of magic cell that would check what the row of the record set MagicCell was &#34;doing its magic&#34;, test that value and return the proper value based on the test.
    Basically i need the value of cells in this field to be a link in all but one situation.
    There are other workarounds I guess like building the table with MagicCell up to the record that needs different content in field&#34;0&#34;, inserting a row asI need it and then return to magic Cell, but I am curious about the subject of condition values being placed in cells with this program in general