Thread: Buttons on forms

JohnP Guest

Buttons on forms

Thanks for the help, I understand I can't move the gray form buttons. Is there anyway I can 'mask' or remove the reset button? I need this! The form design is such that the submit and reset buttons are in direct contact. From the user's point, after a data entry session, a simple miss press and all is lost. Besides, whats the point of having the reset button in the first place? In edit mode I can see it, but in data entry? I've been asked to remove the button by my customer. If I have to spend the next two-three weeks pulling together and building all the forms, the long way, what's the point in spending nearly $3k for ASPdbEP? I like the product and all the flexibility, but this could be a show stopper. If I can't do this, is there a way to point my forms at ASPdbEP and simplify database gets and posts? I really need help here...
    Thanks
    JP

Mark Guest

Buttons on forms (reply)

John,

I see your point. Right now ASP-db has a property called:
    Obj.dbButtonsOnOff = "EditCancelOff, EditActionOff, FilterDropOff, EditDropOff"
    Would it help if it had one more parameter call "ResetOff"?

I'm not making any promises, I just want to be sure I understand your request.

Mark.

------------
    JohnP at 4/22/00 11:25:48 AM

Thanks for the help, I understand I can't move the gray form buttons. Is there anyway I can 'mask' or remove the reset button? I need this! The form design is such that the submit and reset buttons are in direct contact. From the user's point, after a data entry session, a simple miss press and all is lost. Besides, whats the point of having the reset button in the first place? In edit mode I can see it, but in data entry? I've been asked to remove the button by my customer. If I have to spend the next two-three weeks pulling together and building all the forms, the long way, what's the point in spending nearly $3k for ASPdbEP? I like the product and all the flexibility, but this could be a show stopper. If I can't do this, is there a way to point my forms at ASPdbEP and simplify database gets and posts? I really need help here...
    Thanks
    JP

JohnP Guest

Buttons on forms (reply)

YES, YES!
    That would be perfect! I know your not making any promises, but, I really need that property - boy, would that make my ASP project life better!
    Thanks,
    JP

------------
    Mark at 4/22/00 12:01:56 PM

John,

Mark.

------------

Thanks
    JP

Frank Guest

Buttons on forms (reply)

Easy enough, I tested that in the 2K version and it works fine (X.dbButtonsOnOff="AddResetOff,....&#34 . If there is no conflicts then we can put this in the next release.

FK

------------
    JohnP at 4/22/00 12:21:15 PM

YES, YES!
    That would be perfect! I know your not making any promises, but, I really need that property - boy, would that make my ASP project life better!
    Thanks,
    JP

------------

John,

Mark.

------------

Thanks
    JP

JohnP Guest

Buttons on forms (reply)

That would be great! Any idea when that might be?
    "By the way, I'm really impressed with the help coming out of Major Micro Systems, Inc. I asked a few questions on the forum and very quickly received two helpful responses. You people are really paying attention."
    John P.
    EMC Corporation

------------
    Frank at 4/23/00 2:16:48 PM

Easy enough, I tested that in the 2K version and it works fine (X.dbButtonsOnOff="AddResetOff,....&#34 . If there is no conflicts then we can put this in the next release.

FK

------------
    JohnP at 4/22/00 12:21:15 PM

YES, YES!
    Thanks,
    JP

------------

John,

Mark.

------------

Thanks
    JP