Thread: need help with 2 questions

Ed Larkin Guest

need help with 2 questions

First : what i was wondering is i have a need to create a user agreement sheet to have my user sign off on equipment they recieve.
    Problem is i want to make this simple and no double work. I need to figure out if there is a way to do a kind of filter on a user
    have it select all the data on the user eg.. name address org codes etc... and then populate a user agreement template for fast print out
    of who the user is and the equipment they have recieved.

Second: Can i populate other parts of a form from a single drop down box in a web page Eg..... -----> drop down box <------ = street address
    123 maple ln. now after i select 123 maple lane in the drop down box can i have it populate City State Zip if the appropriate information is given.

I would have to rate my skill lvl in programming database administration and asp to be beginer possibly border line intermidiate so if you
    could be very descriptive it would be very appreciated, also if you have any possible solutions i should be able to figure out any
    ideas or exapmles.
    Thank You in Advance,
    Ed Larkin

John Guest

need help with 2 questions (reply)

Hi Ed,

What you want to do should be no problem. Check out the examples at:

www.aspdb.com/apps. Specifically 5a thru 5e, 9a, 9b, and 110.

As you can see there are many examples where you go from a single &#34;selection&#34;
    field to a form that shows the data for the user/selection.

Study those examples, and with a copy of the documentation at hand, you
    should be well on your way.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Ed Larkin at 12/21/99 12:20:25 PM

First : what i was wondering is i have a need to create a user agreement sheet to have my user sign off on equipment they recieve.
    Problem is i want to make this simple and no double work. I need to figure out if there is a way to do a kind of filter on a user
    have it select all the data on the user eg.. name address org codes etc... and then populate a user agreement template for fast print out
    of who the user is and the equipment they have recieved.

Second: Can i populate other parts of a form from a single drop down box in a web page Eg..... -----> drop down box <------ = street address
    123 maple ln. now after i select 123 maple lane in the drop down box can i have it populate City State Zip if the appropriate information is given.

I would have to rate my skill lvl in programming database administration and asp to be beginer possibly border line intermidiate so if you
    could be very descriptive it would be very appreciated, also if you have any possible solutions i should be able to figure out any
    ideas or exapmles.
    Thank You in Advance,
    Ed Larkin