Thread: Createobject error

Scott Guest

Createobject error

Just installed ASPDBFree to evaluate and registered via MTS. The samples included with the app work great on the server but when I try to run them on a client, I get:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80080005'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/aspdb/asp-test-free.asp, line 22

Server execution failed

Any ideas?

Ed Larkin Guest

Createobject error (reply)

Only thing i can think of is that you dont have executable permissions to the folder aspdb is in

------------
    Scott at 12/20/99 5:18:44 PM

Just installed ASPDBFree to evaluate and registered via MTS. The samples included with the app work great on the server but when I try to run them on a client, I get:

Server execution failed

Any ideas?

Scott Guest

Createobject error (reply)

I figured it out after going through all the documentation. The problem was permissions on the MTS package. I had assigned them to the current user on the server which worked great while I was logged on but didn't work while I was logged off. I changed the permissions to an admin account for all occurences which fixed the problem.

------------
    Ed Larkin at 12/21/99 11:57:40 AM

Only thing i can think of is that you dont have executable permissions to the folder aspdb is in

------------
    Scott at 12/20/99 5:18:44 PM

Server execution failed

Any ideas?