Thread: (recovering) and (loading)

John Guest

(recovering) and (loading)

Help !!!!

How would you fix these two problems.
    1. On the window of Enterprise Manger and under the databases, the database shows one of the databases like this manag_dat(recovering)rather than manag_dat. (manag_dat is the name of the database). What could cause the probem and how to fix it?
    2. Same position as above, but instead it shows manag_dat (loading). I tried to delete its device and the database. it hang. How would it happen and how to fix it?

Thank you ahead of time

Ray Miao Guest

(recovering) and (loading) (reply)

If you stop sql server improperly, you may see db recovering. This is rollback process and the time last depends on db size and what kind processes on the db before stopping sql server. If you see loading, it usually means db restore doesn't finish properly. You can fix this by modifying status in sysdatabases table. Don't try to delete db in neither situation.

------------
    John at 11/17/99 12:09:36 PM

Help !!!!

1. On the window of Enterprise Manger and under the databases, the database shows one of the databases like this manag_dat(recovering)rather than manag_dat. (manag_dat is the name of the database). What could cause the probem and how to fix it?
    2. Same position as above, but instead it shows manag_dat (loading). I tried to delete its device and the database. it hang. How would it happen and how to fix it?

Thank you ahead of time

John Guest

(recovering) and (loading) (reply)

Thank you.

I tried to change the status for the database marked loading. It hang while I was clicking on the server. Do I have to reinstall SQL?

------------
    Ray Miao at 11/17/99 2:41:32 PM

If you stop sql server improperly, you may see db recovering. This is rollback process and the time last depends on db size and what kind processes on the db before stopping sql server. If you see loading, it usually means db restore doesn't finish properly. You can fix this by modifying status in sysdatabases table. Don't try to delete db in neither situation.

------------
    John at 11/17/99 12:09:36 PM

Help !!!!

Thank you ahead of time