I have a new project to work on and I plan on using ASPdb-Pro since it's worked out so well for me in the past.

Let me explain it and see what ideas people have about how to accomplish this.

We have a group of physicians who are on a rotating on-call list. The docs want to have a web page that shows EXACTLY who is on-call and who their 2 backups are. What has happened in the past is that a doc will leave for the day, and he gets paged. He has to tell the person, "Call my backup".

To avoid this, they want a web page that shows a matrix of docs that are on-call (that's easy), but they want the doc to be able to "click" on his name to "check him out" for the day, turning his name RED, and turning his backup's name GREEN. When he turns his name RED, it will also turn his name RED everywhere else in the matrix.

Cheesy example:

+------------------------------------------+
| Team1 | Dr. A | Dr. B | Dr. C |
|-------+-----------+-----------+----------|
| Team2 | Dr. D | Dr. E | Dr. F |
|-------+-----------+-----------+----------|
| etc etc |
+------------------------------------------+

If Dr. A is RED, Dr. B is Green, Dr. C is RED
If Dr. D is GREEN, Dr. E is RED, Dr. F is RED

Fortunatly, I don't need to include any security, so really, anyone can click on his name to make it RED (a secretary, for example).

The first thing that pops to mind is to use a MagicCell, but isn't MagicCell conditional-function only available in the Enterprise version?

Any thoughts? Obviously, I don't have to do this "entirely" in ASPdb, but it would be nice to use the features as much as possible.