Thread: HELP - Reproduce with frames what I have with Access Form with Subform?

Emi Guest

HELP - Reproduce with frames what I have with Access Form with Subform?

Can I Reproduce with frames, what I do with form and subform in Access, how do you deal with the ID that links the two tables (I mean those that in Access are Link Child Fields and Link Master Fields)?.
    This is actually my problem. I have no idea of how to make recognize at the frame-subform the link with the frame-form.
    Let me explain better. The frame-form contains one field. The frame-subform has to contain what in access is a continuous subform.
    The table linked to the frame-form has two fields : one is an autonumber field (not displayed on the frame-form, because it doesn't matter as it is autonumber); the other is a text field (that I pick up from a cbobox). Once I pick up a value, the autonumber field is updated, and this should be the code that goes in the table many, displayed in the frame-subform. Now, how can I do this with ASP?
    I hope tht I have been clear.
    Any suggestion is really welcome!
    Thanks
    Emi

John Guest

HELP - Reproduce with frames what I have with Access Form with Subform? (reply)

Hi Emi,

You ask, "How can I do this with ASP?" This forum is dedicated to the
    support of ASP-db - a tool that does much of what you want to do automatically.

Check out www.aspdb.com and look at the various "dual" form displays that
    show a grid/form display, and some of the master/child examples. I think it
    can do what you need - and with a minimum of work on your part.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Emi at 11/25/99 11:52:34 AM

Can I Reproduce with frames, what I do with form and subform in Access, how do you deal with the ID that links the two tables (I mean those that in Access are Link Child Fields and Link Master Fields)?.
    This is actually my problem. I have no idea of how to make recognize at the frame-subform the link with the frame-form.
    Let me explain better. The frame-form contains one field. The frame-subform has to contain what in access is a continuous subform.
    The table linked to the frame-form has two fields : one is an autonumber field (not displayed on the frame-form, because it doesn't matter as it is autonumber); the other is a text field (that I pick up from a cbobox). Once I pick up a value, the autonumber field is updated, and this should be the code that goes in the table many, displayed in the frame-subform. Now, how can I do this with ASP?
    I hope tht I have been clear.
    Any suggestion is really welcome!
    Thanks
    Emi