Thread: Displaying images in a 5 x 5 matrix

Joey Ayoub Guest

Displaying images in a 5 x 5 matrix

I would appreciated any help I could get on this.

I want to only display one field from my access database that contains the path to a picture. I have managed to display the pictures in my database one by one from top to bottom (exactly like the CAR example at aspdb.com). What I would rather do though (to fit more images on a page) is to display them, for example, in a 5 x 5 matrix. By this I mean five rows of five pictures which are displayed from left to right. When you click on next button the subsequent 25 pictures in the database should appear in a 5 x 5 matrix.

Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Frank Guest

Displaying images in a 5 x 5 matrix (reply)

Joey,
    Unfortunately, this kind of flexibility can only be found in the 2K version. Check out - http://www.kingkwong.com/CaseStudy/C45/Case_Study45.shtm

But before you give up, check the aspdb.com example bank to see whether there is a way out.

FK

------------
    Joey Ayoub at 1/15/00 5:03:07 PM

I want to only display one field from my access database that contains the path to a picture. I have managed to display the pictures in my database one by one from top to bottom (exactly like the CAR example at aspdb.com). What I would rather do though (to fit more images on a page) is to display them, for example, in a 5 x 5 matrix. By this I mean five rows of five pictures which are displayed from left to right. When you click on next button the subsequent 25 pictures in the database should appear in a 5 x 5 matrix.

Mark Guest

Displaying images in a 5 x 5 matrix (reply)

Joey,
    Take a look at Programming Example D20b. In your case, set dbGridCol=5
    and dbGridInc=25 and use dbMagicCell to display a picture.
    That might give you the desired display.
    Mark.

------------
    Frank at 1/15/00 5:33:23 PM

Joey,
    Unfortunately, this kind of flexibility can only be found in the 2K version. Check out - http://www.kingkwong.com/CaseStudy/C45/Case_Study45.shtm

But before you give up, check the aspdb.com example bank to see whether there is a way out.

FK

------------
    Joey Ayoub at 1/15/00 5:03:07 PM