Thread: Oracle OLEDB Provider

Srini Guest

Oracle OLEDB Provider

Gurus

Can I use the Oracle OLEDB provider with aspdb to work against Oracle. I want to eliminate the ODBC layer and talk straight to Oracle.

Thanks.

Frank Guest

Oracle OLEDB Provider (reply)

1. DO NOT USE Oracle's ODBC driver. It is not an ODBC driver, it is a fake ! They just call it ODBC to confuse their users. Use Microsoft's Oracle drivers.

2. Go to the following and check out all the conenctions syntax for ODBC/OLEDB etc. for ACCESS, SQL and ORACLE. http://www.kingkwong.com/HTMLDOC/Performance.shtm

3. When you are there, navigate around and check out how ASPdb works with ORACLE's stored procedures also.

4. Buy ASPdb and concentrate on your exciting project material and not connections, recordset ... boring stuff etc...

Frank

------------
    Srini at 1/13/00 12:04:00 PM

Gurus

Can I use the Oracle OLEDB provider with aspdb to work against Oracle. I want to eliminate the ODBC layer and talk straight to Oracle.

Thanks.

Srini Guest

------------
    Frank at 1/13/00 11:29:12 PM

1. DO NOT USE Oracle's ODBC driver. It is not an ODBC driver, it is a fake ! They just call it ODBC to confuse their users. Use Microsoft's Oracle drivers.

2. Go to the following and check out all the conenctions syntax for ODBC/OLEDB etc. for ACCESS, SQL and ORACLE. http://www.kingkwong.com/HTMLDOC/Performance.shtm

3. When you are there, navigate around and check out how ASPdb works with ORACLE's stored procedures also.

4. Buy ASPdb and concentrate on your exciting project material and not connections, recordset ... boring stuff etc...

Frank,

Does this mean that it is OK to use Microsoft Supplied Oracle OLEdb driver.

Thanks.

------------

Gurus

Thanks.

Frank Guest

Yes, for now, that is the only one that works.

------------
    Srini at 1/14/00 4:37:38 PM

------------
    Frank at 1/13/00 11:29:12 PM

Frank,

Does this mean that it is OK to use Microsoft Supplied Oracle OLEdb driver.

Thanks.

------------

Gurus

Thanks.