Thread: iis

Jeff Guest

iis

Our IIS and sql server(7.0) run on same machine. I am using ADO to query the SQL server to create a dropdown list of a field from a table . Sometimes the connections are blocked. It just hangs when we try to open a connection. It works fine if we use a html form and select fields to query a table .When the problem happens, it we stop and restart SQL server and IIS service, the problem is temperorily solved. It seems that SQL server is normal.From the sql query analyser, I can still run the same sql statement that I use in the record set. Just the connections between IIS and SQL server is blocked.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Mark Guest

iis (reply)

Jeff,
    Try running the connection diagnostic program that came with ASP-db. It is called pureasp.asp and was meant to help troubleshoot the kind of problem you are having.

You will need to modify two lines of code in it, so that it points to YOUR database and table.

Mark.

------------
    Jeff at 11/16/00 12:27:31 PM

Our IIS and sql server(7.0) run on same machine. I am using ADO to query the SQL server to create a dropdown list of a field from a table . Sometimes the connections are blocked. It just hangs when we try to open a connection. It works fine if we use a html form and select fields to query a table .When the problem happens, it we stop and restart SQL server and IIS service, the problem is temperorily solved. It seems that SQL server is normal.From the sql query analyser, I can still run the same sql statement that I use in the record set. Just the connections between IIS and SQL server is blocked.
    Thanks,
    Jeff