Thread: Use of a function to display data

Inge Van Dyck Guest

Use of a function to display data

Dear

I'm looking for a way to use a function to display data via aspdb.

E.g. a field in a row has a value '3'. I pass this value to a function (I've already written the function) and the function returns a text "ABC".
    I've already succesfully used this in an asp-page built from scratch, but now I'd like to use this via aspdb.

How could I use this function in a field via aspdb?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Inge

Frank Kwong Guest

Use of a function to display data (reply)

This item is on the list for a long time but never got any prority. Just curious, what is the function that changes the '3' to 'ABC'. ASp-db has lookup, magiccell with equations and conditionals. What is your transformation formula ?

FK

------------
    Inge Van Dyck at 2/8/01 11:49:03 AM

Dear

E.g. a field in a row has a value '3'. I pass this value to a function (I've already written the function) and the function returns a text "ABC".
    I've already succesfully used this in an asp-page built from scratch, but now I'd like to use this via aspdb.

Inge

Inge Van Dyck Guest

Use of a function to display data (reply)

The function is simply based on a connection to a table where the 3 could represent the value 'ABC'. (So I pass the 3 as a parameter and the function does a look up in the table to give me back the value that goes with it.)

Kind regards
    Inge

------------
    Frank Kwong at 2/8/01 12:25:17 PM

This item is on the list for a long time but never got any prority. Just curious, what is the function that changes the '3' to 'ABC'. ASp-db has lookup, magiccell with equations and conditionals. What is your transformation formula ?

FK

------------
    Inge Van Dyck at 2/8/01 11:49:03 AM

Dear

Inge