Thread: Language Localization in EP2.20 w/out dbLanguageTemplate

Nick Matteucci Guest

Language Localization in EP2.20 w/out dbLanguageTemplate

Now that dbLanguageTemplage is gone, how does one define the standard languadge file in EP 2.20?

I have looked in the FAQ and know you have dbUserLocalText but don't want to seperately specify local text for each button in each ASPdb file.

My old code in each page was: X.dbLanguageTemplate="path/Language.txt"

What exactly is the new method / code to perform this?

Nick Matteucci

John Guest

Language Localization in EP2.20 w/out dbLanguageTemplate (reply)

Hi Nick,

The best way might be to use an include file and specify a single file with nothing but the dbUserLocalText property in it.

This way, you could make your definition in one place and use them in all of your programs.

We removed the LanguageTemplate because it was just too much overhead. It had to store all the values in session
    variables and that created a memory bottleneck as well as slowing things down a lot.

There's another option open to you. For people who want to still use the LanguageTemplate feature (for example,
    foreign languages), they (or you) can have us compile a version for you with all your custom template values in it.

I believe the cost for this is $200. The only "catch" is that if you want to upgrade to a newer version, you'll need to
    buy another $200 customization for the new compile. Other than that, you'll have all your values "hard coded" into
    the package and won't have to specify anything - your values will simply be the defaults.

So, you've got a couple choices - dbUserLocalText possibly in an include file, or having us compile up a version for you.

Hope this helps!

John

------------
    Nick Matteucci at 8/13/99 3:30:20 PM

Now that dbLanguageTemplage is gone, how does one define the standard languadge file in EP 2.20?

I have looked in the FAQ and know you have dbUserLocalText but don't want to seperately specify local text for each button in each ASPdb file.

My old code in each page was: X.dbLanguageTemplate="path/Language.txt"

What exactly is the new method / code to perform this?

Nick Matteucci