Thread: Multiple recordset need to display

Bobby Guest

Multiple recordset need to display

On the parent page, I have a table in which has a key called LKEY. Once the key is selected it will populate a new recordset that has at least 60 rows. So each LKEY will have a resultset of 60 rows.
    What would be the best way to display these 60 rows on child page?
    I tried a HTML table but it is not suitable since it trims the format(spaces) of the data. Is there a way to keep the format of one of my fields in which the data contains combination of spaces and alphanumerics.
    Can I call on a recordset and bring all the data of each row add a EOL and post to them a variable then display this as a text field? Or is there a way to drop this recordset into variables and display them in a pre-formatted way.
    Whats the best way and how do I start?
    I appreciate any help.

John Guest

Multiple recordset need to display (reply)

Hi Bobby,

First of all, this forum is for support of ASP-db - a product which takes
    care of displaying all the data form your recordsets and formatting it for
    you. In case you already realize that and are using it but failed to mention
    it, you can use dbMagicCell to format your data any way you wish. ASP-db
    automatically puts your data into a table in either grid or form mode (or
    both).

Check it out at www.aspdb.com.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Bobby at 8/20/99 5:18:36 PM

On the parent page, I have a table in which has a key called LKEY. Once the key is selected it will populate a new recordset that has at least 60 rows. So each LKEY will have a resultset of 60 rows.
    What would be the best way to display these 60 rows on child page?
    I tried a HTML table but it is not suitable since it trims the format(spaces) of the data. Is there a way to keep the format of one of my fields in which the data contains combination of spaces and alphanumerics.
    Can I call on a recordset and bring all the data of each row add a EOL and post to them a variable then display this as a text field? Or is there a way to drop this recordset into variables and display them in a pre-formatted way.
    Whats the best way and how do I start?
    I appreciate any help.