Thread: .mdw security file problem

Zeno Franco Guest

.mdw security file problem

Hi All,

The database
    administrator here uses a .mdw security file which each user must call
    before they are granted permission to the database -- this goes beyond basic password security and renders the database unreadable through ODBC connection because the IUSR hasn't gone through the .mdw file to be authenticated. Is there anyway to work around this?? Can I make a replica of the db that doesn't reference the .mdw security file just for the website? I've tested the code extensively off a test db with basic security, and it works just fine, so I won't bother to include the actual ASP code here. I've talked to a couple of Access experts here on campus and they don't have a clue -- any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch,

Zeno
    RIMS-BTSA
    University of California, Riverside

Frank Kwong Guest

.mdw security file problem (reply)

What is the native ASP code that you enables you to go through this security. Illustrate with a few lines and not the entire program.

FK

------------
    Zeno Franco at 11/13/00 1:31:36 PM

Hi All,

The database
    administrator here uses a .mdw security file which each user must call
    before they are granted permission to the database -- this goes beyond basic password security and renders the database unreadable through ODBC connection because the IUSR hasn't gone through the .mdw file to be authenticated. Is there anyway to work around this?? Can I make a replica of the db that doesn't reference the .mdw security file just for the website? I've tested the code extensively off a test db with basic security, and it works just fine, so I won't bother to include the actual ASP code here. I've talked to a couple of Access experts here on campus and they don't have a clue -- any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch,

Zeno
    RIMS-BTSA
    University of California, Riverside