Thread: X.dbEditParams

Jeremy Kinser Guest

X.dbEditParams

I know that I can use size200 to make an input field into a TextArea, but whenever I try to.... it turns all of my fields into a textarea. I just want to be able to change 1 field size. Here is my code..... please help

'MyDb.dbEditParams="(;,) TableName=Jobs, Requirements, SIZE200=7x50, BookMarkFlds=Job_ID,StickyUpdate=true"

The field I want to change to Text Area is called "Requirements"

Frank Guest

X.dbEditParams (reply)

The true solution to this problem and many other Form customization lies in the template features of the 2K version. Checkout the template syntax of the 2K version. Check ou the 2K examples to see how it is done.

Frank

------------
    Jeremy Kinser at 3/2/00 11:56:18 AM

I know that I can use size200 to make an input field into a TextArea, but whenever I try to.... it turns all of my fields into a textarea. I just want to be able to change 1 field size. Here is my code..... please help

'MyDb.dbEditParams="(;,) TableName=Jobs, Requirements, SIZE200=7x50, BookMarkFlds=Job_ID,StickyUpdate=true"

Jeremy Kinser Guest

X.dbEditParams (reply)

Well, the only way I got around this was to change the datatypes on the database so that the other fields were just char and not varchar. I dont' have the 2K version but would like to purchase an upgrade if one is available.

------------
    Frank at 3/5/00 10:58:29 PM

The true solution to this problem and many other Form customization lies in the template features of the 2K version. Checkout the template syntax of the 2K version. Check ou the 2K examples to see how it is done.

Frank

------------
    Jeremy Kinser at 3/2/00 11:56:18 AM