Thread: Help with the property (dbDisplayLookupList)

Farouk Rassam Guest

Help with the property (dbDisplayLookupList)

I am evaluating ASP-db EP Edition for a possible future purchase. Working with form mode and using the property (dbMagicCell)did real magic in producing the layout of a required form. The layout has many fields arranged vertically and horizontally and all is fine. The problem is when I use the property (dbDisplayLookupList) to replace coded information in some of the fields; specifically when a coded information is replaced in the leftmost field among a row consisting of many fields, the rest of the fields in that row disapper. I can attach some small size snapshots of the exact situation above for any person with an email address and is willing to help.
    Thanks all

Frank Guest

Help with the property (dbDisplayLookupList) (reply)

Farouk,
    There are numerous examples in the site in this subject. But to clarify that, do the following -

1. Use ACCESS (northwind) or SQL (pubs) or ORACLE (EMP) as sample database.
    2. Write a short segment of the code that illustrate your problem.
    3. Post the code and support will tell you what is wrong with it.

If you have to use your code for some reason, then you can send the code to support with a company PO. If it is not your fault, then the fix is free and if it is, then you'll be charged accordingly.

FK

------------
    Farouk Rassam at 5/10/00 9:12:33 AM

I am evaluating ASP-db EP Edition for a possible future purchase. Working with form mode and using the property (dbMagicCell)did real magic in producing the layout of a required form. The layout has many fields arranged vertically and horizontally and all is fine. The problem is when I use the property (dbDisplayLookupList) to replace coded information in some of the fields; specifically when a coded information is replaced in the leftmost field among a row consisting of many fields, the rest of the fields in that row disapper. I can attach some small size snapshots of the exact situation above for any person with an email address and is willing to help.
    Thanks all