Thread:   and dbNameMap

Ron Critchfield Guest

and dbNameMap

I'm trying to do some weird spacing on my header row. I have a "lngCatalogID" which I want to change to "Catalog ID #" with two non breaking white spaces after the #. In HTML that would mean
    "Catalog ID #  ". The ";" however screws up the code because it is a delimiter for dbNameMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron

John Guest

and dbNameMap (reply)

Hi Ron,

Easy one. Like almost all parameters in ASPdb, you can change the default delimiters used in the parameters. It's explained pretty clearly in the docs. Go to: http://www.aspdb.com/docs/aspdbman.htm#TOC_IIE

It's explained there.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Ron Critchfield at 9/17/00 7:36:27 PM

I'm trying to do some weird spacing on my header row. I have a "lngCatalogID" which I want to change to "Catalog ID #" with two non breaking white spaces after the #. In HTML that would mean
    "Catalog ID # ". The ";" however screws up the code because it is a delimiter for dbNameMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Mark Guest

and dbNameMap (reply)

Ron,
    You can do one of two things. Leave the semi-colons off the &nbsp (they're really not necessary) or redefine the standard delimiters so that you can use the semi-colon in your data. See Example 65 at:

http://www.aspdb.com/apps

Mark.

------------

"Catalog ID # ". The ";" however screws up the code because it is a delimiter for dbNameMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Ron Critchfield Guest

and dbNameMap (reply)

Well, that got me going on the right track, now I've run into another problem.
    The code is written like this

&lt;TH noWrap bgColor=blue&gt;<br>
    &lt;A href=&#34;/Sandata/test.asp?aspDBUnit=_999&amp;gridsort_999=lngCatalo gID&#34;&gt;<br>
    &lt;FONT face=Arial color=red size=2&gt;Catalog ID #&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/A&gt;<br>
    &lt;/TH&gt;<br>

The problem is that my &amp;nbsp; is within the HREF. This means that the spaces are underlined also. Anyway to get them out of the HREF?

------------

I&#39;m trying to do some weird spacing on my header row. I have a &#34;lngCatalogID&#34; which I want to change to &#34;Catalog ID #&#34; with two non breaking white spaces after the #. In HTML that would mean
    &#34;Catalog ID # &#34;. The &#34;;&#34; however screws up the code because it is a delimiter for dbNameMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Mark Guest

and dbNameMap (reply)

Ron,

I don&#39;t think so.
    Is the code that you sent, code that YOU wrote, or code that was generated by ASP-db? You didn&#39;t say.

Just curious, what is the purpose of adding three trailing spaces to the field title name? Why not just specify a column width?

Mark.

------------
    Ron Critchfield at 9/17/00 9:13:24 PM

Well, that got me going on the right track, now I&#39;ve run into another problem.

<TH noWrap bgColor=blue><br>
    <A href=&#34;/Sandata/test.asp?aspDBUnit=_999&gridsort_999=lngCatalogID& #34;><br>
    <FONT face=Arial color=red size=2>Catalog ID #&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></A><br>
    </TH><br>

The problem is that my &nbsp; is within the HREF. This means that the spaces are underlined also. Anyway to get them out of the HREF?

------------

I&#39;m trying to do some weird spacing on my header row. I have a &#34;lngCatalogID&#34; which I want to change to &#34;Catalog ID #&#34; with two non breaking white spaces after the #. In HTML that would mean
    &#34;Catalog ID # &#34;. The &#34;;&#34; however screws up the code because it is a delimiter for dbNameMap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron

Ron Critchfield Guest

and dbNameMap (reply)

Actually I found a way on http://www.aspdb.com/apps/ShowSource.asp?SrcFile=/apps/mh-thecardemo.asp. The secret is to do a </A> in the .dbNameMap. This end the HREF early. The reason I want to do spaces is that I want the table to re-size dynamically.

------------
    Mark at 9/18/00 2:11:19 PM

Ron,

I don&#39;t think so.
    Is the code that you sent, code that YOU wrote, or code that was generated by ASP-db? You didn&#39;t say.

Just curious, what is the purpose of adding three trailing spaces to the field title name? Why not just specify a column width?

Mark.

------------
    Ron Critchfield at 9/17/00 9:13:24 PM

Well, that got me going on the right track, now I&#39;ve run into another problem.

<TH noWrap bgColor=blue><br>
    <A href=&#34;/Sandata/test.asp?aspDBUnit=_999&gridsort_999=lngCatalogID& #34;><br>
    <FONT face=Arial color=red size=2>Catalog ID # </FONT></A><br>
    </TH><br>

The problem is that my is within the HREF. This means that the spaces are underlined also. Anyway to get them out of the HREF?

------------

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Ron