Thread: ASP-db Pro - Bar Chart feature

steve brennan Guest

ASP-db Pro - Bar Chart feature

I'm new to ASP-db and have been playing with the evaluation copy a little bit. My main interest is the Bar Chart feature for displaying some of my data. I've been able to connect to the database just fine, however the Bar Charts simply aren't displaying. I've seen some disclaimers saying that the evaluation copy is the full version, so I guessing it's not a limitation. Here's my code:

Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject("AspDB.Pro&#34
    Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    MyDb.dbSQL = "Select Equipment_No,Total_Fuel FROM Fuel_Ton_Information"
    MyDb.dbNameMap = "Equipment_No,Equipment #; Total_Fuel, Total Fuel"
    Mydb.dbColgraph = "[Fuel_Ton_Information],Total_Fuel,200,10,bluebar.gif,6,0,50,1,2"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

It displays a two-field table with the proper headers and data, but instead of displaying the bluebar.gif image it displays the numerical value. This code was taken out of the examples provided on aspdb.com.

Any tips or work-arounds for doing such a thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan

Mark Guest

ASP-db Pro - Bar Chart feature (reply)

Steve,

I don't see anything wrong with your dbColGraph statement, although putting brackets around the table name is unnecessary. Be sure that bluebar.gif is in your gif folder (which must be driectly below the folder your asp file is in). What exactly do you see in that column? Just a number? or something that looks like a missing gif or maybe just a graphic outline?

Try leaving off the last few (optional) parameters:

Mydb.dbColgraph="Fuel_Ton_Information,Total_Fu el,200,10,bluebar.gif,6"

Mark.

------------
    steve brennan at 8/2/00 4:26:53 PM

I'm new to ASP-db and have been playing with the evaluation copy a little bit. My main interest is the Bar Chart feature for displaying some of my data. I've been able to connect to the database just fine, however the Bar Charts simply aren't displaying. I've seen some disclaimers saying that the evaluation copy is the full version, so I guessing it's not a limitation. Here's my code:

Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    Mydb.dbColgraph = "[Fuel_Ton_Information],Total_Fuel,200,10,bluebar.gif,6,0,50,1,2"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

It displays a two-field table with the proper headers and data, but instead of displaying the bluebar.gif image it displays the numerical value. This code was taken out of the examples provided on aspdb.com.

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan

steve brennan Guest

Okay, I changed the small things you mentioned and double checked for bluebar.gif and it's displaying the same thing. It's displaying a two column table with the headings "Equipment #" and "Total Fuel". "Total Fuel" doesn't appear to have any empty image spaces or outlines, the source code has nothing but the value in between some font tags.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------
    Mark at 8/2/00 4:56:30 PM

Steve,

I don't see anything wrong with your dbColGraph statement, although putting brackets around the table name is unnecessary. Be sure that bluebar.gif is in your gif folder (which must be driectly below the folder your asp file is in). What exactly do you see in that column? Just a number? or something that looks like a missing gif or maybe just a graphic outline?

Mark.

------------

Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan

Mark Guest

Steve,
    What kind of database is it? (Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
    What is the field type? (200,6,135, etc)?
    Run datatypes.asp to find out.
    Thanks,
    Mark.

------------
    steve brennan at 8/2/00 5:12:37 PM

Okay, I changed the small things you mentioned and double checked for bluebar.gif and it's displaying the same thing. It's displaying a two column table with the headings "Equipment #" and "Total Fuel". "Total Fuel" doesn't appear to have any empty image spaces or outlines, the source code has nothing but the value in between some font tags.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------

Steve,

Mark.

------------

Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan

steve brennan Guest

It is a SQL Server database.. datatypes.asp said I've got a Field Type of 5 and Field Length of 8 for "Total_Fuel" (In SQL Server it's set to float) I changed my SQL statement to only grab records that have "Total_Fuel" filled in (a recordcount of 44):

MyDb.dbSQL = "Select Equipment_No,Total_Fuel FROM Fuel_Ton_Information WHERE MineName = 'Barrick Goldstrike'"

.. same outcome.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------
    Mark at 8/2/00 5:20:36 PM

Steve,
    Thanks,
    Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    Steve

------------

Steve,

Mark.

------------

Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan

Mark Guest

Steve,

Please add the following statement.
    There's a good chance that's your problem ...

Mydb.dbDBType = "SQL"

Let me know. Thanks.

Mark.

------------
    steve brennan at 8/2/00 5:42:27 PM

It is a SQL Server database.. datatypes.asp said I've got a Field Type of 5 and Field Length of 8 for "Total_Fuel" (In SQL Server it's set to float) I changed my SQL statement to only grab records that have "Total_Fuel" filled in (a recordcount of 44):

MyDb.dbSQL = "Select Equipment_No,Total_Fuel FROM Fuel_Ton_Information WHERE MineName = 'Barrick Goldstrike'"

.. same outcome.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------
    Mark at 8/2/00 5:20:36 PM

Steve,
    Thanks,
    Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    Steve

------------

Steve,

Mark.

------------

Mydb.dbDSN= "DSN=S4000"
    MyDb.DbMode = "Grid"
    MyDb.dbImageDir="gif/"
    MyDb.ASPdbPRO

Thank you,
    Steve Brennan