Thread: EP error that does not appear in Pro

Tim Stroud Guest

EP error that does not appear in Pro

We just upgraded to Enterprise.

When using the generic supplied smartdb.asp to a SQL DSN I get the following message if I request all the tables with a "*".

"Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record."

Will retrieve one table at a time but the Form+/-buttons are gone.

Everything works perfectly with ASPdb-Pro..............but bugs out with EP.

Already know and did all the uninstall/install routines. That is not the problem.

Please help.

Tim Stroud
    Leonard ISD

Mark Guest

EP error that does not appear in Pro (reply)

Tim,
    As I said in my email to you, the problem was in smartdb.asp, not in ASP-db itself. Fix it as follows:

You can fix the problem in your copy of smartdb.asp by adding these 3 lines of code after the dbTables statement:

AFTER THIS LINE:
    MyDb.dbTables = &#34;5,<B>Choose a table...

PLEASE ADD THESE THREE LINES:
    If Session(&#34;ASPW_dll_type&#34 = &#34;EP&#34; then
    MyDb.dbTables = &#34;5&#34;
    End If

Thank you for pointing out this problem to us .

Mark.

------------
    Tim Stroud at 7/25/00 5:23:16 PM

We just upgraded to Enterprise.

When using the generic supplied smartdb.asp to a SQL DSN I get the following message if I request all the tables with a &#34;*&#34;.

&#34;Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.&#34;

Will retrieve one table at a time but the Form+/-buttons are gone.

Everything works perfectly with ASPdb-Pro..............but bugs out with EP.

Already know and did all the uninstall/install routines. That is not the problem.

Please help.

Tim Stroud
    Leonard ISD