Thread: Navigation after dbSelectedItemMacro button

Jett Anderson Guest

Navigation after dbSelectedItemMacro button

I'm using the dbSelectedItemMacro property to display a checkbox on each row of my grid, and I'd like to take the resulting string from dbSelectedItem and pass it to a new .asp page, as either POST or GET text, or as a session variable. What I'm trying to do is let my users select what rows they want to compare to each other from the first grid, and then pass those selections into a new page that presents a more detailed comparison.

Can anyone tell me how to navigate to a new .asp page and pass the results string into the page? Currently, the Select button seems to navigate to 'home.asp'.

Thanks much.

Jett Anderson Guest

Navigation after dbSelectedItemMacro button (reply)

I'll try to rephrase the question.

I've got the 'shopping cart' feature in a page. It puts a check box in the first column, and a 'Select' button in its column head.

When I click the 'Select' button in the column head, it currently navigates to the HOME.ASP page. How do I change the value of the page that is called? (this is, in effect, the ACTION attribute of the form element that's being created; how do I change the value of the hidden Action attribute?)

Thanks, Jett

------------
    John at 7/18/00 5:46:23 AM

Hi Jett,

I&#39;m not sure I completely understand your question, but I think you can probably solve it with the response.redirect method. At the top of your program you&#39;ll need to put in: <% response.buffer = true %>. Then, in your page when you&#39;ve got your data and want to redirect to another page with it, you can do the response.redirect(&#34;newpage.asp&#34 and off it will go.

You can pass the data to the new page either on the URL (newpage.asp?x=123) or in session variables (Session(&#34;myvar&#34 = 123).

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Jett Anderson at 7/14/00 10:12:40 PM

I&#39;m using the dbSelectedItemMacro property to display a checkbox on each row of my grid, and I&#39;d like to take the resulting string from dbSelectedItem and pass it to a new .asp page, as either POST or GET text, or as a session variable. What I&#39;m trying to do is let my users select what rows they want to compare to each other from the first grid, and then pass those selections into a new page that presents a more detailed comparison.

Can anyone tell me how to navigate to a new .asp page and pass the results string into the page? Currently, the Select button seems to navigate to &#39;home.asp&#39;.

Thanks much.