Thread: Not sorting on linked column

Karen Guest

Not sorting on linked column

I get this error when I try to sort on a hyperlinked field:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

fldLink is the column that is causing the problem. Here's a portion of the code:

Mydb.DbSQL = "SELECT tblLog.fldIndex, tblLog.fldDate, tblLog.fldChange, tblLog.fldShowOnSite, tblLog.fldName, tblLog.fldCategory, tblLog.fldHyperLink, [fldHyperLink] & [fldChange] & [fldEnd] & chr(32) & [fldRestricted] AS fldLink, tblLog.fldEnd FROM tblLog WHERE (((tblLog.fldDate)>Now()-30) AND ((tblLog.fldShowOnSite)=-1)) ORDER BY tblLog.fldDate DESC, tblLog.fldTime DESC;"

I'm using the Pro version.

Mark Guest

Not sorting on linked column (reply)

Kaern,
    Please see example 21b at http://www.aspdb.com/apps
    That example deals with Filtering when AS is used, but same thing applies to Sorting. Alse see examples 11a and 41.

Mark.

------------
    Karen at 7/18/00 10:32:05 AM

I get this error when I try to sort on a hyperlinked field:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

fldLink is the column that is causing the problem. Here's a portion of the code:

Mydb.DbSQL = "SELECT tblLog.fldIndex, tblLog.fldDate, tblLog.fldChange, tblLog.fldShowOnSite, tblLog.fldName, tblLog.fldCategory, tblLog.fldHyperLink, [fldHyperLink] & [fldChange] & [fldEnd] & chr(32) & [fldRestricted] AS fldLink, tblLog.fldEnd FROM tblLog WHERE (((tblLog.fldDate)>Now()-30) AND ((tblLog.fldShowOnSite)=-1)) ORDER BY tblLog.fldDate DESC, tblLog.fldTime DESC;"

I'm using the Pro version.