Thread: Not Showing Defaut Values on Add/Edit

Marc Doolittle Guest

Not Showing Defaut Values on Add/Edit

I have a login page that stores a user's id (UserID) in a session variable. Each record in the ASPDB table has a UserID field that needs to be populated with this value. I can set the SQL string easily so that the grid only shows records with that UserID (eg. Select * from table where UserID = 1) but I do not want a 'Default' value (UserID[1])to be shown in the grid on display or on add/edit I just want to add the value programmatically on addnew or update. Is this possible?

John Guest

Not Showing Defaut Values on Add/Edit (reply)

Hi Marc,

What about using the default value property of the dbEditFlds?

I.E. Salary[10000]

Would that do it?

John

------------
    Marc Doolittle at 7/17/00 6:18:18 PM

I have a login page that stores a user's id (UserID) in a session variable. Each record in the ASPDB table has a UserID field that needs to be populated with this value. I can set the SQL string easily so that the grid only shows records with that UserID (eg. Select * from table where UserID = 1) but I do not want a 'Default' value (UserID[1])to be shown in the grid on display or on add/edit I just want to add the value programmatically on addnew or update. Is this possible?

Marc Doolittle Guest

Not Showing Defaut Values on Add/Edit (reply)

That is exactly how I handle it now. I set the default for the field on the dbEditFlds and then add the field to the dbEditUpdateROFlds for that field.
    I would like to get rid of that field alltogether on display. I was
    wondering if there was a way to say X.dbRecordset("UserID&#34 = value on any change of the record. Marc

------------
    John at 7/18/00 12:07:02 AM

Hi Marc,

What about using the default value property of the dbEditFlds?

I.E. Salary[10000]

Would that do it?

John

------------
    Marc Doolittle at 7/17/00 6:18:18 PM