Thread: sql 2000 which version?

rex Guest

sql 2000 which version?

I use MySQL and want to move my small site to MS sql2000 the aspdb is the only connection to the database. Can anyone please tell me which version of SQL2000 I should use and if I am going to get dinged for users? Sorry I know this is a no brainer but I really don't know!

Frank Kwong Guest

sql 2000 which version? (reply)

1. if you got paid by the job - use whatever your custmer want you to use.
    2. If you work for a company and try to do them some good - find out the politics about DB type that makes you a bigger hero. With ASP-db, the code is the same.
    3. If you work for yourself and try to publish read only data - Use Access. If you have high hit in write operation and can afford it, use SQL 2000. You should not use any other version of SQL unless you are in #1.
    4. If you have confidence in MS, wait for MS's $200 web server which is supposed to have build-in SQL !!!

FK

------------
    rex at 11/4/01 12:23:54 AM

I use MySQL and want to move my small site to MS sql2000 the aspdb is the only connection to the database. Can anyone please tell me which version of SQL2000 I should use and if I am going to get dinged for users? Sorry I know this is a no brainer but I really don't know!