Thread: ASPDB with MYSQL ODBC-Error

Hardybossi Guest

ASPDB with MYSQL ODBC-Error

I´m testing aspdb-Trial on a MYSQL-DB over MYODBC. All viewing is ok, but if I want to edit or delete, then I get the errormessage

Error # (Edit_Execute_SQL) = 80004005(-2147467259)
    Description = [TCX][MyODBC]Transactions are not enabled
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Description = Der ODBC-Treiber konnte die neue Transaktion nicht starten.
    SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Description = Unbekannter Fehler
    SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

I must say, that I´m started with MYSQL 3 weeks before, so I installed mysql with standard-options. I run mysql-nt and mysql-max-nt. Both I get the error message. In my asp-code I use aspdb to set that there is a MYSQL-DB in the background. I tested many components, most don´t function. But there ist ASPGRID, with them I can edit and delete (Add don´t work with error). But I want to have ASPDB because I think, I can do many more. But where problem is fixed, I don´t know. Pleas have anyone a idea.

I used MySQL 3.23 an at last 4.0 alpha. MyODBC is the Version 2.50.39.00

Pardon for my english, I´m german.

Thanks Hardybossi

Frank Kwong Guest

ASPDB with MYSQL ODBC-Error (reply)

Check your setup. I just checked with mine and no problm at all.. All update, add, and delete functions well. My versionis of MySQL is 3.23.39-nt and MyODBC is 2.50.37.00. What O/S are you running ? Do not use your own code to test that.. setup the ODBC and use the "Designer" to test that.

------------
    Hardybossi at 10/29/01 6:55:44 AM

I´m testing aspdb-Trial on a MYSQL-DB over MYODBC. All viewing is ok, but if I want to edit or delete, then I get the errormessage

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

I must say, that I´m started with MYSQL 3 weeks before, so I installed mysql with standard-options. I run mysql-nt and mysql-max-nt. Both I get the error message. In my asp-code I use aspdb to set that there is a MYSQL-DB in the background. I tested many components, most don´t function. But there ist ASPGRID, with them I can edit and delete (Add don´t work with error). But I want to have ASPDB because I think, I can do many more. But where problem is fixed, I don´t know. Pleas have anyone a idea.

Thanks Hardybossi

Hardybossi Guest

The OS ist W2K Advanced. I have tested this without designer (taken example from aspdb and nodified for my DB). I will test tomorrow with designer. At this time, I think, I haver forgotten to include the xxx.inc in the code. Is that needed for full operation? I will test that all tomorrow and reply in this formu what the code is done.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------
    Frank Kwong at 10/29/01 10:16:03 AM

Check your setup. I just checked with mine and no problm at all.. All update, add, and delete functions well. My versionis of MySQL is 3.23.39-nt and MyODBC is 2.50.37.00. What O/S are you running ? Do not use your own code to test that.. setup the ODBC and use the "Designer" to test that.

------------

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Thanks Hardybossi

Hardybossi Guest

OK, I have tested ASPDB-Code with the designer. I take some simple fields of my mysql-db. I get the same error. The inc-file was included. So I think there is somthing to do with w2k or mysql, because all incl. ASPDB say, that the component work fine with mysql.
    I hope for a good idea, what I must do, because if it doesn´t work I don´t get thie great tool and I must work with standard asp to realise a big project.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------
    Hardybossi at 10/29/01 4:26:52 PM

The OS ist W2K Advanced. I have tested this without designer (taken example from aspdb and nodified for my DB). I will test tomorrow with designer. At this time, I think, I haver forgotten to include the xxx.inc in the code. Is that needed for full operation? I will test that all tomorrow and reply in this formu what the code is done.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------

------------

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Thanks Hardybossi

Hardybossi Guest

OK. I have found the general Problem. I must use mysql-tables in INNODB-Format (not in myisam, because there is no transaction-support). With INNODB I can do all (add, delete, edit,...). But a little info opens after submit wich informs that there could bi some details, they can display incorrect site. But after OK all is done fine. I think this little Problem can be fixed in a few day´s by me or I set marker do not display this messages. If there have anyone a Idea where the problem lies (think IE) pleas inform me.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------
    Hardybossi at 10/30/01 1:16:50 AM

OK, I have tested ASPDB-Code with the designer. I take some simple fields of my mysql-db. I get the same error. The inc-file was included. So I think there is somthing to do with w2k or mysql, because all incl. ASPDB say, that the component work fine with mysql.
    I hope for a good idea, what I must do, because if it doesn´t work I don´t get thie great tool and I must work with standard asp to realise a big project.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------

Thanks Hardybossi

------------

------------

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Thanks Hardybossi

Frank Kwong Guest

looks like you are getting this under control. We have a lot of Asian users using ASP-db with MySQL and not heard any problem in editing.

FK

------------
    Hardybossi at 10/30/01 7:26:24 AM

OK. I have found the general Problem. I must use mysql-tables in INNODB-Format (not in myisam, because there is no transaction-support). With INNODB I can do all (add, delete, edit,...). But a little info opens after submit wich informs that there could bi some details, they can display incorrect site. But after OK all is done fine. I think this little Problem can be fixed in a few day´s by me or I set marker do not display this messages. If there have anyone a Idea where the problem lies (think IE) pleas inform me.

Thanks Hardybossi

------------
    Hardybossi at 10/30/01 1:16:50 AM

Thanks Hardybossi

------------

Thanks Hardybossi

------------

------------

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1C00
    Native Error = 0

Thanks Hardybossi