Thread: Full Screen Edit

Lana Mosby Guest

Full Screen Edit

I the example on full screen edit and it works. However, when I put a where statement on the sql clause it doesn't do the updates. Is there anyway I can get the full screen edit to work properly with a where clause on the sql statement. If, I bring back all the records, no problem. Example
    select orderid, customerid, shippeddate where order id = '9183' and '9191'

John Guest

Full Screen Edit (reply)

Hi Lana,

That doesn't look like valid SQL. Should be:

... WHERE field=value AND field=value AND field=value...

you have:

... WHERE field=value AND value

?

John

------------
    Lana Mosby at 10/18/01 8:32:03 AM

I the example on full screen edit and it works. However, when I put a where statement on the sql clause it doesn't do the updates. Is there anyway I can get the full screen edit to work properly with a where clause on the sql statement. If, I bring back all the records, no problem. Example

Lana Mosby Guest

Full Screen Edit (reply)

I typed the sql statement wrong. It is, where field=value and field=value. I don't get an error message or anything but after hitting the update, the reocrds aren't being updated.

------------
    John at 10/18/01 12:10:36 PM

Hi Lana,

you have:

?

John

------------

Lana Mosby Guest

Full Screen Edit (reply)

I tried the example and it works, however, I have a problem with it working when I add a where clause to the sql statement. I only need users to be able to edit a select group of records.
    Example:
    X.dbSQL = "SELECT cpccID,cpccnameofchemical,cpccChemicalDistributor, cpccDateReceived,cpccDateofPurchase,cpccQuantity FROM tblcpcc where cpccuserid ='usera'"

------------
    Lana Mosby at 10/22/01 10:49:02 AM

I typed the sql statement wrong. It is, where field=value and field=value. I don't get an error message or anything but after hitting the update, the reocrds aren't being updated.

------------
    John at 10/18/01 12:10:36 PM

Hi Lana,

you have:

?

John

------------