Thread: subqueries in filter form work

Ken Ambrose Guest

subqueries in filter form work

Hi,
    Tried something for fun and it worked perfectly. Thought others might like to know that you can use subqueries in the standard filter form. For example to return the latest row from my table named "sales_trans" I can enter "=( select max(time_stamp) from sales_trans )" into the "time_stamp" input box on the filter form for the table. Pretty cool...

Ken

Frank Kwong Guest

subqueries in filter form work (reply)

This kind of features including the very flexible feature of compound entries (a > 1 and < 10) in the filtering operation are unique feature of ASP-db. But in order to build-in validation in the coming versions (ASPdb.NET)... all these has to go away. If it is your choice, which one would you take - validation single entry or compound free form pass through ?

------------
    Ken Ambrose at 10/10/01 1:54:16 AM

Hi,
    Tried something for fun and it worked perfectly. Thought others might like to know that you can use subqueries in the standard filter form. For example to return the latest row from my table named &#34;sales_trans&#34; I can enter &#34;=( select max(time_stamp) from sales_trans )&#34; into the &#34;time_stamp&#34; input box on the filter form for the table. Pretty cool...

Ken

Ken Ambrose Guest

subqueries in filter form work (reply)

Hi Frank,

I recommended we purchase ASPDB specifically because of the built-in searching capability and search form. That was my priority because it is my user&#39;s priority- they really want the search power.

Ken

------------
    Frank Kwong at 10/10/01 12:00:11 PM

This kind of features including the very flexible feature of compound entries (a > 1 and < 10) in the filtering operation are unique feature of ASP-db. But in order to build-in validation in the coming versions (ASPdb.NET)... all these has to go away. If it is your choice, which one would you take - validation single entry or compound free form pass through ?

------------
    Ken Ambrose at 10/10/01 1:54:16 AM

Hi,
    Tried something for fun and it worked perfectly. Thought others might like to know that you can use subqueries in the standard filter form. For example to return the latest row from my table named &#34;sales_trans&#34; I can enter &#34;=( select max(time_stamp) from sales_trans )&#34; into the &#34;time_stamp&#34; input box on the filter form for the table. Pretty cool...

Ken