Thread: Opening an existing .asp page

Cherie Gabie Guest

Opening an existing .asp page

I am new to .asp and to ASP-DB. I am trying to take over the maintenance of some .asp pages using Designer 2001, but I am having great difficulty trying to figure out how to open the existing files. Every time I try to point Designer to the location of the existing files, it over-writes my file with the default blank template.

Does anyone know how to open existing .asp files for editing?

Thanks,

Cherie Gabie
    gabiec@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Chris Guest

Opening an existing .asp page (reply)

I dont know anything about designer, but you should probably be editing your asp pages in Visual Interdev or FrontPage. Just a guess(since I dont do the designer), hope it helps.

------------
    Cherie Gabie at 9/10/01 3:43:26 PM

I am new to .asp and to ASP-DB. I am trying to take over the maintenance of some .asp pages using Designer 2001, but I am having great difficulty trying to figure out how to open the existing files. Every time I try to point Designer to the location of the existing files, it over-writes my file with the default blank template.

Thanks,

Cherie Gabie
    gabiec@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Frank Kwong Guest

Designer do not read ASP files. It only generates them. After you generate the ASP file, save the work as a .des file.You need to go through the doc slowly as it'll save you a lot of time and make you a hero...

------------
    Chris at 9/10/01 4:36:08 PM

I dont know anything about designer, but you should probably be editing your asp pages in Visual Interdev or FrontPage. Just a guess(since I dont do the designer), hope it helps.

------------

Thanks,

Cherie Gabie
    gabiec@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Cherie Gabie Guest

Thanks for the info guys. I'm using a seperate code editor now and everything is fine.

-Cherie

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/20/01 12:31:38 PM

Designer do not read ASP files. It only generates them. After you generate the ASP file, save the work as a .des file.You need to go through the doc slowly as it'll save you a lot of time and make you a hero...

------------
    Chris at 9/10/01 4:36:08 PM

------------

Thanks,

Cherie Gabie
    gabiec@dfo-mpo.gc.ca