Thread: New to Access...how to store large texts.

FlipSideGuy Guest

New to Access...how to store large texts.

I have successfully created a database in Access 2000 that stores texts sent to it from my html form. The db is only one category with one record. I need it to store large texts. Like I said, I am very new to using Access. Should I be using something else than a category, to store the text? Right now the db only stores like 64 characters. How do I make a database that can store one single textblock that is very large?
    Your reply is much appreciated

John Guest

New to Access...how to store large texts. (reply)

I use memo fields to copy entire word docs. i do loose some functionality, but it works.

------------
    FlipSideGuy at 9/9/01 4:44:18 AM

I have successfully created a database in Access 2000 that stores texts sent to it from my html form. The db is only one category with one record. I need it to store large texts. Like I said, I am very new to using Access. Should I be using something else than a category, to store the text? Right now the db only stores like 64 characters. How do I make a database that can store one single textblock that is very large?

FlipSideGuy Guest

New to Access...how to store large texts. (reply)

I tried changing the data type to memo, but may ASP doesn't send anything to the db when I do that. How do you use memo fields successfully? I am using Unltra Dev to create the data bindings and server behaviors. I can get it to work seamlessly when the data type on the filed is 'text' but not 'memo'. Is there anything alse I need to change when I change 'text' to 'memo'?

------------
    John at 9/9/01 4:22:14 PM

I use memo fields to copy entire word docs. i do loose some functionality, but it works.

------------
    FlipSideGuy at 9/9/01 4:44:18 AM