Thread: Getting error using Magic Cell

Allan Guest

Getting error using Magic Cell

Trying to get this Magic cell working. This puts in a hyperlink for "View"ing the record and "Edit"ing the record. Trying to make it easier on the user, instead of telling them to click on the ID# and then Update. So I have it up to here and I am having problems adding the last part to the hyperlink, which is #ASPDB_301

When I try to add the # as just text it errors out, what is the property in ASPdb where this is stored. Like I am using #AspdbIndex# to get the record number.

Thanks for your help

Allan

MC = &#34;Record,,<a href=&#34;&#34;#Me#?aspDBBut_301=aspdbGoForm::#Asp dbIndex#&aspDBUnit=_301&aspDBClick_301=index::#Asp dbIndex#&#34;&#34;>VIEW</a> &#34;
    MC = MC & &#34;<a href=&#34;&#34;#Me#?aspDBBut_301=aspdbEditUpdate:: #AspdbIndex#&aspDBUnit=_301&aspDBClick_301=update& #34;&#34;>EDIT</a>&#34;

Frank Kwong Guest

Getting error using Magic Cell (reply)

not clear about your question. But look at the edit on every row example.

------------
    Allan at 9/7/01 10:49:08 PM

Trying to get this Magic cell working. This puts in a hyperlink for &#34;View&#34;ing the record and &#34;Edit&#34;ing the record. Trying to make it easier on the user, instead of telling them to click on the ID# and then Update. So I have it up to here and I am having problems adding the last part to the hyperlink, which is #ASPDB_301

When I try to add the # as just text it errors out, what is the property in ASPdb where this is stored. Like I am using #AspdbIndex# to get the record number.

Thanks for your help

Allan

MC = &#34;Record,,<a href=&#34;&#34;#Me#?aspDBBut_301=aspdbGoForm::#Asp dbIndex#&aspDBUnit=_301&aspDBClick_301=index::#Asp dbIndex#&#34;&#34;>VIEW</a> &#34;
    MC = MC & &#34;<a href=&#34;&#34;#Me#?aspDBBut_301=aspdbEditUpdate:: #AspdbIndex#&aspDBUnit=_301&aspDBClick_301=update& #34;&#34;>EDIT</a>&#34;

Allan Guest

I&#39;m not sure what you mean.

I&#39;m trying to duplicate the link that ASPDB is already doing. Like the link for &#34;UPDATE&#34;. I have been able to creat all but the last part of the link which is &#34;#ASPDB_301&#34; Is this stored in a variable in ASPDB where I can pull it out. I cann&#39;t hard code this because Magic Cell wants the # signs to be paired. So how can i get the last part of this hyperlink?

Is there a list of all the variables available to us as programers that ASPDB uses? Like the #ASPdbIndex#. This would help track down this code that I need.

Thanks

Allan

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/10/01 11:26:53 AM

------------

Trying to get this Magic cell working. This puts in a hyperlink for &#34;View&#34;ing the record and &#34;Edit&#34;ing the record. Trying to make it easier on the user, instead of telling them to click on the ID# and then Update. So I have it up to here and I am having problems adding the last part to the hyperlink, which is #ASPDB_301

Thanks for your help

Allan

Frank Kwong Guest

In that case change the magiccell default # to something else via the delimiters if it is in conflict. Look at th edoc. Thre are a few occasion that needs to be done like ###,###.00

------------
    Allan at 9/11/01 3:57:56 PM

I&#39;m not sure what you mean.

I&#39;m trying to duplicate the link that ASPDB is already doing. Like the link for &#34;UPDATE&#34;. I have been able to creat all but the last part of the link which is &#34;#ASPDB_301&#34; Is this stored in a variable in ASPDB where I can pull it out. I cann&#39;t hard code this because Magic Cell wants the # signs to be paired. So how can i get the last part of this hyperlink?

Is there a list of all the variables available to us as programers that ASPDB uses? Like the #ASPdbIndex#. This would help track down this code that I need.

Thanks

Allan

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/10/01 11:26:53 AM

------------

Thanks for your help

Allan