Thread: dbSelecteditem

Luis Guest

dbSelecteditem

Is there a way to implement a button that will select or de-select all records when using dbSelectedItem? If the grid contains 20 records per page I would to avoid having the user to select each and every record manually. Instead I would like to provide a select all button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Luis

Frank Kwong Guest

dbSelecteditem (reply)

This seems to be a good feature, I'll put it in my wish list...

------------
    Luis at 9/6/01 2:30:19 AM

Is there a way to implement a button that will select or de-select all records when using dbSelectedItem? If the grid contains 20 records per page I would to avoid having the user to select each and every record manually. Instead I would like to provide a select all button.

Thanks
    Luis

John Guest

dbSelecteditem (reply)

Hi Luis,

You can write a Javascript function to check/uncheck all the checkboxes and call that from a custom button, or regular HREF link.

If you're not familiar with how to do this, we can write it for you on a consulting basis if you wish.

Thanks,
    John

------------

Thanks
    Luis

Frank Kwong Guest

dbSelecteditem (reply)

to make it a bit easy - implement and testing a new param ->

X.dbSelectedItemMacro=(;,)Macro,Qty_T/F,Column_Caption,Input_Size,AuxButs

when AuxButs = true then there will be a 'c' and 'x' buttons to clear or select all the items. Under testing, watch for the release (2002) if successful.

John, For Javascript, you still need (2) buttons to clear and check all. Where would you put these two buttons ?

------------
    John at 9/7/01 8:17:45 PM

Hi Luis,

You can write a Javascript function to check/uncheck all the checkboxes and call that from a custom button, or regular HREF link.

If you're not familiar with how to do this, we can write it for you on a consulting basis if you wish.

Thanks,
    John

------------

Thanks
    Luis

Frank Kwong Guest

dbSelecteditem (reply)

Luis,

send me your id file for maintenance contract verificationand then I'll send youa test version with this buttons.

------------

Thanks
    Luis