Thread: Add/Update displays SelectBox instead of DropDown

Aivar Otsing Guest

Add/Update displays SelectBox instead of DropDown

My aspdb.pro displays in add/update situations scrollable SelectBox instead of DropDown control.
    db1.dbEditDropFlds="accountmanager,,users,name ,,ADDNULL,NOBLANK,3,DISTINCT"
    (To select AccountManager for current table (named "invoice&#34 from table Users from field Name with no blank items with adding NULL value to dropdown using same connection and Distinct)
    The EditParams string looks like:
    db1.dbEditParams="TableName=invoice,BookMarkFl ds=ID,RecordScope=Single"

The other interesting thing is if I add value NULL to my dropdown (looking still like SelectBox and select it, the exact value in table later is 4 characters - NULL, not the value NULL itself.

Aivar

Frank Kwong Guest

Add/Update displays SelectBox instead of DropDown (reply)

make up an example using Nwind or Pubs to illustarte the problem. Do it with the Designer.

------------
    Aivar Otsing at 8/16/01 3:39:11 PM

My aspdb.pro displays in add/update situations scrollable SelectBox instead of DropDown control.
    db1.dbEditDropFlds="accountmanager,,users,name ,,ADDNULL,NOBLANK,3,DISTINCT"
    (To select AccountManager for current table (named "invoice&#34 from table Users from field Name with no blank items with adding NULL value to dropdown using same connection and Distinct)
    The EditParams string looks like:
    db1.dbEditParams="TableName=invoice,BookMarkFl ds=ID,RecordScope=Single"

The other interesting thing is if I add value NULL to my dropdown (looking still like SelectBox and select it, the exact value in table later is 4 characters - NULL, not the value NULL itself.

Aivar