Thread: 'Download' button timing out with mass records!?

Nico Guest

'Download' button timing out with mass records!?

Hi,

Firstly I love the product and the support I can get from this site!!!

Secondly here is my problem

If I have a screen up with minimal records, and I press download it waits a little then downloads it to CSV as I asked it too. But I have a customer with 2,500 records and whenever I click download it tries and makes me wait a long time (approx. 15+ minutes) and then it times out with "cannot Display page" instead of a Save As dialog box for me to save the CSV. What is wrong? It works when the records don't reach a huge amount, in this case 2500. Any suggestions how to make it work? Also, I logged onto the server and it has more than enough disk space so that is not the problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Nico [nico@dovetree.com]

Frank Kwong Guest

'Download' button timing out with mass records!? (reply)

send me email, there are some yet to be release features that would solve the problem...

FK

------------
    Nico at 8/1/01 4:38:16 PM

Hi,

Firstly I love the product and the support I can get from this site!!!

Secondly here is my problem

If I have a screen up with minimal records, and I press download it waits a little then downloads it to CSV as I asked it too. But I have a customer with 2,500 records and whenever I click download it tries and makes me wait a long time (approx. 15+ minutes) and then it times out with "cannot Display page" instead of a Save As dialog box for me to save the CSV. What is wrong? It works when the records don't reach a huge amount, in this case 2500. Any suggestions how to make it work? Also, I logged onto the server and it has more than enough disk space so that is not the problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Nico [nico@dovetree.com]