Thread: Basics of ASP-DB

Phani Guest

Basics of ASP-DB

I am using ASP-DBPRO. I have downloaded it to NT server. Now, I have a PC connected to this server, from where I am writing the asp scripts. When I tried to run the below code, I got this error ... "Warning: User supplied query returns no records for display
    Select ssn from exit_questionnaire"

The code I am using is...
    <%
    Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject(&#34;ASP.db&#34
    MyDb.dbDSN = &#34;Driver={SQL _ Server};Provider=sqloledb;Server=OJA007;Database=J OLTS;UID=sa;PWD=;&#34;
    MyDb.dbDBType = &#34;SQL&#34;
    MyDb.dbSQL = &#34;Select ssn from exit_questionnaire&#34;
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

Is there anything wrong with the script?
    If I want to use the designer form my PC, do I have to download the ASP-DB on to my PC? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Phani

John Guest

Basics of ASP-DB (reply)

Hi Phani,

Well, you should set dbUnit=123 or some number, but otherwise it looks ok.

Try setting your dbSQL=&#34;*&#34; which will display a list of all tables, then let you click on a table and show you all fields in that table.

You&#39;ve either got a typo in your field name or table name.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Phani at 7/26/01 4:15:04 PM

I am using ASP-DBPRO. I have downloaded it to NT server. Now, I have a PC connected to this server, from where I am writing the asp scripts. When I tried to run the below code, I got this error ... &#34;Warning: User supplied query returns no records for display
    Select ssn from exit_questionnaire&#34;

<%
    MyDb.dbDSN = &#34;Driver={SQL _ Server};Provider=sqloledb;Server=OJA007;Database=J OLTS;UID=sa;PWD=;&#34;
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

If I want to use the designer form my PC, do I have to download the ASP-DB on to my PC? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Phani

Phani Guest

Basics of ASP-DB (reply)

Thanks John,
    Well, I got rid of that error, but I got a type mismatch error at &#34;MyDb.ASPdb&#34; statement. I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks
    Phani

------------
    John at 7/26/01 4:21:13 PM

Hi Phani,

Try setting your dbSQL=&#34;*&#34; which will display a list of all tables, then let you click on a table and show you all fields in that table.

Thanks,
    John

------------

I am using ASP-DBPRO. I have downloaded it to NT server. Now, I have a PC connected to this server, from where I am writing the asp scripts. When I tried to run the below code, I got this error ... &#34;Warning: User supplied query returns no records for display

<%
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

Thanks
    Phani

Frank Kwong Guest

Basics of ASP-DB (reply)

Save some time in struggling with the ASP-dbsyntax. Use the Designer to get things going and then learn form the &#34;Code&#34; section.

FK

------------
    Phani at 7/26/01 6:22:41 PM

Thanks John,
    Well, I got rid of that error, but I got a type mismatch error at &#34;MyDb.ASPdb&#34; statement. I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks
    Phani

------------

Hi Phani,

Thanks,
    John

------------

<%
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

Thanks
    Phani

Phani Guest

Basics of ASP-DB (reply)

I think you are right Frank, but I am having problems with designer also.
    My problem is...
    I have downloaded ASP-db to NT server. Now, I have a PC connected to this server, from where I am writing the asp scripts. When I tried to run the below code, I got this error ... &#34;Warning: User supplied query returns no records for display

<%
    Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject(ASP.db)
    MyDb.dbDSN = Driver={SQL _ Server};Provider=sqloledb;Server=OJA007;Database=J OLTS;UID=sa;PWD=;
    MyDb.dbDBType = SQL
    MyDb.dbSQL = Select ssn from exit_questionnaire
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

If I want to use the designer form my PC, do I have to download the ASP-DB on to my PC? or is it enough if I download only designer to my PC.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Phani

------------
    Frank Kwong at 7/26/01 6:24:51 PM

Save some time in struggling with the ASP-dbsyntax. Use the Designer to get things going and then learn form the &#34;Code&#34; section.

FK

------------
    Phani at 7/26/01 6:22:41 PM

Thanks John,

Thanks
    Phani

------------

Hi Phani,

Thanks,
    John

------------

<%
    MyDb.ASPdb
    %>

Thanks
    Phani