Thread: Filter page too slow

Avnish Kumar Guest

Filter page too slow

Hi,

I have a page which uses ASPdb and it took 36 secs for the page to load. After reading a lot from the online documentation and posts on the forum I discovered that if I set the dbRecordCount property myself the page loads faster. (I still couldnt figure out why though). Hence my page load time reduced drastically to 18 secs. But when I click on the Filter button of ASPdb the page again takes 38 secs. Please note that even though I have 18 columns on the page, I am NOT using any Filter Drop Downs. I understand that the first page ASPdb has to create a huge table with formatting and stuff, which takes only 18 secs now, but I fail to understand why the filter page which has only text boxes to create should take 38 secs.

Could you please help me understand where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Avnish

Frank Kwong Guest

Filter page too slow (reply)

State your plactform, DB, size, Hardware, clients etc.....

FK

------------
    Avnish Kumar at 7/16/01 2:19:23 PM

Hi,

I have a page which uses ASPdb and it took 36 secs for the page to load. After reading a lot from the online documentation and posts on the forum I discovered that if I set the dbRecordCount property myself the page loads faster. (I still couldnt figure out why though). Hence my page load time reduced drastically to 18 secs. But when I click on the Filter button of ASPdb the page again takes 38 secs. Please note that even though I have 18 columns on the page, I am NOT using any Filter Drop Downs. I understand that the first page ASPdb has to create a huge table with formatting and stuff, which takes only 18 secs now, but I fail to understand why the filter page which has only text boxes to create should take 38 secs.

Thanks

Avnish

Avnish Kumar Guest

Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 on PIII 1 GHz 20GB HDD, Oracle on seperate database server.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 7/24/01 1:04:01 PM

FK

------------

Hi,

Thanks

Avnish

Frank Kwong Guest

Even though Oracle is a dog, it still should not take that long unless you have a very large table or a very slow connection. Try to use dbExpress=true and see what happens. Use dbRecordCount only if you can afford to (count doesn't change).

FK

------------
    Avnish Kumar at 8/8/01 1:27:00 PM

Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 on PIII 1 GHz 20GB HDD, Oracle on seperate database server.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 7/24/01 1:04:01 PM

FK

------------

Hi,

Thanks

Avnish