Thread: Dates and the filter

ron schechtman Guest

Dates and the filter

I am in the filter and key in between #6/1/01# and #6/20/01# and I get a nastgram (yellow message of death) from aspdb that there is an error I guess in the format. So, I enter #6/20/01# and get nothing (knowing there are dates of 6/2/01). Can someone please explain how to use dates in the filter and if the various versions of SQL have an effect or if using smalldatetime could be the problem. Please do NOT REFER ME TO EXAMPLE 54. Please give a better answer than that.

ron schechtman Guest

Dates and the filter (reply)

Figured it out. Don't need any help on this. We need to use single quotes instead of # due to the way the sql was set up.

------------
    ron schechtman at 6/29/01 4:29:25 PM

I am in the filter and key in between #6/1/01# and #6/20/01# and I get a nastgram (yellow message of death) from aspdb that there is an error I guess in the format. So, I enter #6/20/01# and get nothing (knowing there are dates of 6/2/01). Can someone please explain how to use dates in the filter and if the various versions of SQL have an effect or if using smalldatetime could be the problem. Please do NOT REFER ME TO EXAMPLE 54. Please give a better answer than that.