Thread: Access 2000, aspdb, .mdw

Steven Lookingbill Guest

Access 2000, aspdb, .mdw

I've not able to get aspdb to work with a secured Access database. We've been using DNS-less connection and attempted to get aspdb to work after we secured the database.
    I've tried:
    MyDb.DbDNS="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};UID=userxxx;PWD=123456;DBQ=C:Inetpubwwwro otDATANEW DEMO.MDB;SystemDB=c:inetpubwwwrootDATAsecured.mdw& #34;

and
    MyDb.Dbmdb = "C:InetpubwwwrootDATANEW DEMO.MDB;User ID=userxxx;Password=123456;SystemDB=c:inetpubwwwro otDATAsecured.mdw"

and creating a system DSN and calling aspdb:
    MyDb.dbDSN = "DSN=1DemoLaptop"
    which does specify the system database (secured.mdw with username and password)

This works for:
    Set conData = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection&#34
    conData.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.J et.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:InetpubwwwrootDATANEW DEMO.MDB;User ID=userxxx;Password=123456;Jet OLEDB:System Database=c:inetpubwwwrootDATAsecured.mdw"

What am I doing wrong.

Frank Kwong Guest

Access 2000, aspdb, .mdw (reply)

When encounter problem in connecting to various datasource using ASP-db or Tornado -

1. Do not use ASP-db.
    2. Connect to the datasource using ASP or ASP.Net script.
    3. Use ASP-db and use the same syntax in dbDSN of ASP-db
    4. If failed then turn in your code to support.

FK

------------
    Steven Lookingbill at 9/22/2002 10:52:34 PM

I've not able to get aspdb to work with a secured Access database. We've been using DNS-less connection and attempted to get aspdb to work after we secured the database.
    I've tried:
    MyDb.DbDNS="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};UID=userxxx;PWD=123456;DBQ=C:Inetpubwwwro otDATANEW DEMO.MDB;SystemDB=c:inetpubwwwrootDATAsecured.mdw& #34;

and
    MyDb.Dbmdb = "C:InetpubwwwrootDATANEW DEMO.MDB;User ID=userxxx;Password=123456;SystemDB=c:inetpubwwwro otDATAsecured.mdw"

This works for:
    conData.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.J et.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:InetpubwwwrootDATANEW DEMO.MDB;User ID=userxxx;Password=123456;Jet OLEDB:System Database=c:inetpubwwwrootDATAsecured.mdw"

What am I doing wrong.

Steven Lookingbill Guest

Access 2000, aspdb, .mdw (reply)

We already had the ASP ADO connection working but we were using dbMDB and not dbDSN. It work great once I put the same connection string in dbDSN as we were using ASP ADO.

Thanks.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/27/2002 11:06:24 AM

When encounter problem in connecting to various datasource using ASP-db or Tornado -

1. Do not use ASP-db.
    2. Connect to the datasource using ASP or ASP.Net script.
    3. Use ASP-db and use the same syntax in dbDSN of ASP-db
    4. If failed then turn in your code to support.

FK

------------
    Steven Lookingbill at 9/22/2002 10:52:34 PM

I've tried:

and

This works for:

What am I doing wrong.

Very confusing forum format...

* If you cannot get dbMDB to work in ASP-db, then dup the problem in Northwind and turn it in.

* Recommend not to use dbMDB and use dbDSN because ASPdb.Net (Tornado) has no more dbMDB.