Thread: Target Frame in Magic Cell

Mike Cohen Guest

Target Frame in Magic Cell

I am trying to target a pdf document to load into a new window. When I code it to target _blank it does not seem to work - the browsers just does nothing. But when I code it as below to target an existing frame name, in this case "main" - it works just fine.

MyDb.dbmagicCell = &#34;project_number,,<a href= documents/plans/&#34; & mplan & &#34;pln.pdf target=main>#Project_number# </a>;construction_estimate,,format=[currency];plan_fee,,format=[currency]&#34;

Is there a special way to target a new window? Is the problem related to a PDF being referenced?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike

John Guest

Target Frame in Magic Cell (reply)

Hi Mike,

ASP-db doesn&#39;t do anything special with frames, so when we&#39;re done, it&#39;s just straight HTML. I suggest you replace the PDF with a HTML file and see if the targeting works. If so, then your suspicion was correct. Also, be sure to test it in both browsers (IE & NS) as they can handle PDFs differently (embedded vs. external display).

Also, you can always View Source to see the HTML you&#39;ve created with the MagicCell. Take just that line out and play with it in a separate file until you get the syntax working the way you want, then put that into your MagicCell - if it will work at all with PDFs of course.

Thanks,
    John

On 2/12/99 1:04:53 PM, Mike Cohen wrote:
    > I am trying to target a pdf document to load into a new window. When I
    > code it to target _blank it does not seem to work - the browsers just does
    > nothing. But when I code it as below to target an existing frame name, in
    > this case &#34;main&#34; - it works just fine.

MyDb.dbmagicCell =
    > &#34;project_number,,<a href= documents/plans/&#34; & mplan & &#34;pln.pdf
    > target=main>#Project_number#
    > </a>;construction_estimate,,format=[currency];plan_fee,,format=[currency]
    > 4;

Is there a special way to target a new window? Is the problem
    > related to a PDF being referenced?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike