Thread: Some Complaints

Some Complaints

1. It is getting old if every answer is "What until Enterprise comes out". It seems like we are being forced to upgrade.

2. There is an Enterprise forum and a View/Pro forum. Please keep the Enterprise questions out of this one, as it is a waste of time to read both.

3. Sometimes a user / potential user asks a question and the answer is based on the ignorance of the person asking the question. You can have a great product, but customer service will build a company.

my two cents

John Guest

Some Complaints (reply)

Dear Anonymous,

You're right that many of the answers to the questions are features that are only available in the Enterprise version. We're now shipping it and will follow up with full documentation, binder, CD as soon as they're ready. You'll see more info on our main web page which we're reworking right now. Too many things and so little time!

The only "catch" to keeping those questions in that forum is that a lot of the new users don't know whether or not the Pro (or View) versions can do what they want. They're almost always related to customizing forms or languages, or lookup fields. I suppose the reason they ask is that they can't figure out how to do it w/o Enterprise!

Whenever possible, we tell people how to solve things with the current version. Sometimes however, there's just no way.

Thanks for your feedback,

John

------------
    at 4/27/99 9:32:35 PM

1. It is getting old if every answer is "What until Enterprise comes out". It seems like we are being forced to upgrade.

2. There is an Enterprise forum and a View/Pro forum. Please keep the Enterprise questions out of this one, as it is a waste of time to read both.

3. Sometimes a user / potential user asks a question and the answer is based on the ignorance of the person asking the question. You can have a great product, but customer service will build a company.

my two cents