Thread: error 80040e14

kwan Guest

error 80040e14

condition = mpi Tmpvar =count( mpi )

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'mpi'.

/niddkweb/table_stat_result.asp, line 85

I get this error when i try to count the number of subjects in a table. Here the tablename and the field to which the total number are imported. My sql statement is

Mydb.dbSQL = "select" & Tmpvar & " From " &session("Ti&#34

What should i change to make it work?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kwan.

Frank Guest

error 80040e14 (reply)

You have to show the entire section of code. Do not re-type them but use cut and paste. It looks like you just have typo or missing spaces in the constructed SQL statement. Also, use the X.dbdebug to print out your final SQL statement and check it out. If it looks good then cut and paste that statement into the query analyzer to confirmt that is a valid statement.

FK

------------
    kwan at 4/19/00 1:36:58 PM

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'mpi'.

I get this error when i try to count the number of subjects in a table. Here the tablename and the field to which the total number are imported. My sql statement is

Thanks in advance,
    Kwan.

error 80040e14 (reply)

Thanks Frank,I missed a space between select and count . Now it works.

------------
    Frank at 4/19/00 6:29:37 PM

You have to show the entire section of code. Do not re-type them but use cut and paste. It looks like you just have typo or missing spaces in the constructed SQL statement. Also, use the X.dbdebug to print out your final SQL statement and check it out. If it looks good then cut and paste that statement into the query analyzer to confirmt that is a valid statement.

FK

------------
    kwan at 4/19/00 1:36:58 PM

Thanks in advance,
    Kwan.