Thread: Data Checking for Replacing

Nathaniel Tucker Guest

Data Checking for Replacing

Is there a way to check the contents of a field and replace it with customized text in grid mode?

For instance, we have schedules in our database that have days coded as numbers instead of letters.

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7
    -------------------------------------
    If a class is scheduled for a monday, wednesday, and friday, day 1 would have 1, day 2 would have 3 and day 3 would have 5 to represent what day of the week the classes is scheduled for.

I would like to be able to replace the '135' with MWF respectively so that it is better understood.

Any suggestions will help. NTucker@leeuniversity.edu

Thanks,
    Nate Tucker
    Webmaster
    http://www.leeuniversity.edu - Entire website designed with ASPdb-Pro.

Frank Guest

Data Checking for Replacing (reply)

Check out the regular MagicCell property. It shoudl take care of that. If not then check out the new extended MagicCell property with ->

X.dbMagicCell = "(;,[]#|~/+{})FldNameNum,Tag,(FldNameNum|OP|CmpValue|Tag|{Fi nd_This+Replace_With}~Repeat);Repeat"

I do not know where they put the documentation. But this two should do it.

FK

------------
    Nathaniel Tucker at 4/20/00 3:33:32 PM

Is there a way to check the contents of a field and replace it with customized text in grid mode?

For instance, we have schedules in our database that have days coded as numbers instead of letters.

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7
    If a class is scheduled for a monday, wednesday, and friday, day 1 would have 1, day 2 would have 3 and day 3 would have 5 to represent what day of the week the classes is scheduled for.

I would like to be able to replace the '135' with MWF respectively so that it is better understood.

Thanks,
    Nate Tucker
    Webmaster

Nathaniel Tucker Guest

That works with ASPdb.EP. Is there a solution for ASPdb.Pro?

Thanks,

Nate

------------
    Frank at 4/20/00 10:49:40 PM

Check out the regular MagicCell property. It shoudl take care of that. If not then check out the new extended MagicCell property with ->

X.dbMagicCell = "(;,[]#|~/+{})FldNameNum,Tag,(FldNameNum|OP|CmpValue|Tag|{Fi nd_This+Replace_With}~Repeat);Repeat"

FK

------------

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7

Thanks,
    Nate Tucker
    Webmaster

Mark Guest

Nate,

Sorry, you'll need Enterprise to do that. But you can upgrade for a VERY reasonable price. Contact ASP-db Sales for details.

Mark.

------------
    Nathaniel Tucker at 4/25/00 10:37:56 AM

That works with ASPdb.EP. Is there a solution for ASPdb.Pro?

Thanks,

Nate

------------
    Frank at 4/20/00 10:49:40 PM

FK

------------

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7

Thanks,
    Nate Tucker
    Webmaster