Thread: Horizontal Grid... possible?

Paul woods Guest

Horizontal Grid... possible?

I'm wondering if it's possible to display a grid horizontally instead of vertically. I know that I can use dbGridCol to get multiple columns, but they appear with a vertical orientation. I would like my records to be displayed horizontally, like this:

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8

This would be useful in an application where you just wanted to display small thumbnail images, and have the user click the image to get to the form view for that record. Users are used to browsing horizontally in these types of situations (and most image db apps work this way).

Is there a way to do this without resorting to exporting the cells and using custom field placement techniques? If not, maybe it could be added to the enhancement list.

Thanks,

Paul

FRank Guest

Horizontal Grid... possible? (reply)

Check this one out ->

http://2000.aspdb.com/CaseStudy/C45/C45.asp

FK

------------
    Paul woods at 4/20/00 11:36:39 AM

I'm wondering if it's possible to display a grid horizontally instead of vertically. I know that I can use dbGridCol to get multiple columns, but they appear with a vertical orientation. I would like my records to be displayed horizontally, like this:

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8

This would be useful in an application where you just wanted to display small thumbnail images, and have the user click the image to get to the form view for that record. Users are used to browsing horizontally in these types of situations (and most image db apps work this way).

Is there a way to do this without resorting to exporting the cells and using custom field placement techniques? If not, maybe it could be added to the enhancement list.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Woods Guest

I have the Enterprise version, so I guess the answer is no. Your example uses ASP-db 2000.

------------
    FRank at 4/20/00 10:42:27 PM

Check this one out ->

FK

------------

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8

Thanks,

Paul

Frank Guest

I check it and it is in the 2K version only. This block export is one of many ways to create an object to feed the template tags.

FK

------------
    Paul Woods at 4/21/00 9:00:46 AM

I have the Enterprise version, so I guess the answer is no. Your example uses ASP-db 2000.

------------
    FRank at 4/20/00 10:42:27 PM

Check this one out ->

FK

------------

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8

Thanks,

Paul