Thread: LZ Session Variable?

Frank Boyer Guest

LZ Session Variable?

What is the LZ session variable and how can I make it go away. There is a huge abount of data stored in this session variable. It seems to come after a second hit to a page with ASPDB.ep on it.

It seems like the session variable overhead is approaching excessive? If I use several "dbUnit" numbers there can be alot of these variables?

Thanks
    Frank

FK Guest

LZ Session Variable? (reply)

LZ is the localize variable. It holds all the text strings in the program. Do you detect performance degradation because of that ? I kind of feel that it too expensive to do that with very few customers using that. If it should become a problem then I'll get rid of it and make an English only version and a separate language template version.

FK

------------
    Frank Boyer at 7/19/99 1:27:59 PM

What is the LZ session variable and how can I make it go away. There is a huge abount of data stored in this session variable. It seems to come after a second hit to a page with ASPDB.ep on it.

It seems like the session variable overhead is approaching excessive? If I use several "dbUnit" numbers there can be alot of these variables?

Thanks
    Frank

Frank Boyer Guest

LZ Session Variable? (reply)

I'm not sure, I did see an ASP "out of memory" error on my site last week. It's not clear if it was related to excessive session usage or not. I was using quite a few dbUnit numbers across the site, so there could have been a large number of session variables per user. I changed the session timeout settings and that seems to have eliminated the problem so far.

This could have been related to some initial Search Engine spiders, it seems I got hit very hard one day.

I think it might be a good idea to provide an alternate version for english page usage. It would not be difficult to determine what object to use based on language. You might consider a

Thanks

------------
    FK at 7/19/99 9:08:27 PM

LZ is the localize variable. It holds all the text strings in the program. Do you detect performance degradation because of that ? I kind of feel that it too expensive to do that with very few customers using that. If it should become a problem then I'll get rid of it and make an English only version and a separate language template version.

FK

------------
    Frank Boyer at 7/19/99 1:27:59 PM

Thanks
    Frank